Summer Skincare While Traveling
Summer travel is in full swing - but that doesn't mean you should skip packing your skincare to save space in your suitcase!
While you're vacationing, your skin is actually struggling with:
- Increased sun exposure
While chlorine is an effective option for disinfecting swimming pool water, it’s not without its challenges. In fact, chlorine can be harmful to your eyes, hair, nails, lungs, and yes, even your skin.
- Applying vitamin C (SkinBetter Science Alto) to your skin after exposure to chlorinated water neutralizes chlorine and chloramines on the skin.
- Showering immediately after swimming to remove any chlorine residue.
- Moisturizing your skin after you rinse to prevent irritation.
The danger of a sunburn goes far beyond any short-term pain, redness and discomfort, because after the sunburn fades, lasting damage remains.
Sunburn accelerates skin aging and is a leading cause in the majority of cases of basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma, the deadliest form of skin cancer.
- Protecting your skin from the sun is the only way forward.
- You can seek shade, wear sun-protective clothes, and apply good protective sunscreen (EltaMD Broad-Spectrum SPF 46).
Spending time in the pressurized environment of an airplane cabin will suck all the moisture right out of your skin, which leaves your skin completely dehydrated.
- Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate!
- We love using SkinBetter Science Trio Rebalancing Moisture Treatment because of its High-performance, triple-action formula that helps to bring moisture and hydration balance back to the skin.